Thursday, February 27, 2014

Beef with Portabella Garlic Sauce and Garlic Parmesan Broccoli

This week's cook at home dinner included one of my favorite main dishes.  Garlic Beef & Portabella Mushrooms served over a tiny bit of whole wheat egg noodles. I really enjoy using pre-made sauces, because it saves me a bunch of time that I don't have.  So, I used Progresso's Portabella Mushroom Recipe Starter pouch.  They have the recipe right on their website.

My favorite part of this dish is that the meat and mushrooms are very filling.  Plus, without the noodles, it's really low in carb, so I can have two servings of steak and sauce if I'm extra hungry.  Of course, I was starving tonight!  So, I totally had that second serving.

I also tried a new a new side dish recipe: Garlic Broccoli Parmesan.  This is my new favorite way to make broccoli (Thank you, Pinterest!).  I will definitely be making it again.  It went perfect with my garlicy beef dish too.

All Yummy!  Plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.  Is it tomorrow yet?

Stats:
Hubby Approved?  Yes on the beef and noodles, no on the broccoli (he isn't a cheese fan, so that says nothing about whether it's really good or not.).
Pots/Pans: 2 Pots, 1 Skillet
Starch carbs for the meal: 48 grams (2 servings of steak, 1/2 serving of noodles).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
NOTE: I usually take longer than most recipes say they are supposed to take.  So, you may be able to do it faster.  :)

To make it easy, I used frozen broccoli and pre-sliced mushrooms.  I put the Broccoli in a pot steaming on low and had a pot of water ready to boil for the noodles before I started on the steak part.  After the steak was done, I started the noodles.  Towards the end of simmering the steak dish, I drained the noodles and mixed up the broccoli.  Voila!  Dinner.

Recipes

Beef with Mushroom Garlic Sauce
Servings: 4
Carbs per serving: 9 grams (starch carbs)
Recipe: http://www.progresso.com/recipes/beef-tenderloins-with-mushroom-garlic-sauce/320d89b8-65fa-44b6-bd0f-6a9be47bbd58
Recipe alteration: I used flank steak and cut it into smaller pieces, instead of medallions.  I have tried to make this without removing the meat, but it always comes out a lot more soupy.  I don't mind it that way, though.

Garlic Broccoli with Parmesan
Servings: 4
Carbs per serving: 6 grams (non-starch green veggie carbs, so I can eat as much as I want...woo hoo!)
Recipe: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-buttery-garlic-broccoli-with-parmesan/



No comments:

Post a Comment